How to dress for casual Fridays
Business casual can mean different things depending on your industry, your employer and your office environment. Not sure what acceptable? Then read our step-by-step guide for what to wear on casual Fridays.
- Start with slacks or blue jeans. Darker colored jeans are best. No holes, fringe on the cuffs or large patches in inappropriate locations.
- Choose a light colored or plaid dress shirt. Make sure it’s clean and pressed. Take it up a notch with a French cuff dress shirt and cufflinks. But be sure to wear a sport coat over it while in the office. Knot Standard’s gorgeous Brown Glen Plaid Sportcoat wears well with jeans or slacks.
- Loafers are acceptable but leave the socks at home. Make sure they are clean, polished and new-looking.
- With temps below freezing, show off your sense of style by layering up. Add a pullover to create a polished, clean cut look while keeping it casual. If you’re wearing a light blue men’s dress shirt, try a chocolate pull over sweater, jeans and sport coat for an on-trend look. Add a thin dark brown leather belt and a classic Navy scarf.
- Get groomed! A fresh shave, slicked backed hair and clean fingernails add polish to any casual outfit. Look the part of the detail-oriented professional that you are with personal grooming.
- Finally, never wear sweatpants or football jerseys. Friday is still a workday, not the weekend and you’re at the office, not your man cave.