Written by Jamie Etheridge
Fall fashion takes us back to the warm fabrics and stronger colors of autumn. After deciding on your favorite suiting options, don’t forget the basics of fall accessories. Before you button up and head out the door, here’s a few ‘must haves’ for the coming colder months:
- Leather or suede gloves. We prefer high quality calf skin but sheepskin will also be popular this coming season. Choose well made, high quality gloves that will last for years. Check the lining (cashmere preferred) and stitching for signs of quality.
- The right belt can make or break an ensemble, especially casual Friday jeans with dress shirt and blazer. Make sure to choose leather and preferably have at least two, one in black and one in dark brown as basic necessities.
- Tie yourself into the season with a Classic Bronze Twill necktie made from pure silk woven in Italy and handcrafted in the United States. [http://www.knotstandard.com/ties/classic-bronze-twill-tie/]
- Comfortable, fashion forward shoes. We recommend the folks at Cobbler Union [http://blog.knotstandard.com/knot-standard-teams-cobbler-union/] for your next pair of oxfords, monkstraps, books or loafers. Their classic brown leather derby, the Alex, is one of the most versatile shoes you can own and, if well cared for, is an investment shoe that will last for years to come.
- For the frequent business traveler, we cannot resist the sleek and smooth Traveler’s Wallet from Bellroy. [http://bellroy.com/wallets/travel-wallet#midnight] Made from vegetable tanned cow leather, this ingenious wallet holds your passport, cards and other items but still fits neatly into your pants or jacket pocket.
- Speaking of travel, don’t leave home without a classic overcoat to keep you warm. Knot Standard’s dashing Classic Navy Overcoat hits all the right marks: wool and cashmere blend; formal enough for a suit but practical enough for casual jeans and a sweater. The double-breasted and peak lapel styling elevate the coat above your average outer wear.
Whether your commuting by car, rail or plane, insist on good quality, warm socks this winter. The days of men’s boring dark colored trouser socks are long past. Choose patterns or textures to liven up your day and keep your feet warm.
Ask a Knot Standard stylist how to dress for the colder months.