It is not typically a guy thing to talk about accessories. Shoes and scarves have long been the domain of women’s fashion. But as any true bespoke gentleman knows, accessories are the key to a stand out look. One doesn’t need flamboyant Prince of Wales checks or bright suit fabrics in order to get noticed. One need only wear a select few accessories to add flair and finesse to even the most conservative men’s suit.
- Start with cufflinks. You can never go wrong with a white men’s French cuff dress shirt and the perfect set of cufflinks. Cufflinks like our Carbon Fiber Cufflinks add personality without being brash, style without being affected.
- Scarves work well in winter. Chunky or colorful neck scarves add verve to men’s suits and can be wrapped several different ways, giving a new look each time. Our Classic Charcoal Cashmere Scarf complements gray, black, navy and blue men’s suits. Order two or three colors to give your wardrobe diversity and choice for the long winter months.
- Every man needs a good leather briefcase. Invest in a high quality leather briefcase in black or brown and it will last a lifetime.
- Pocket squares are the dandy’s favorite sartorial detail. The more colors and textures you own, the more stylish and dashing your wardrobe. Every man should have the basic colors – white, blue, pink and red – in their closet.
- Finally, there is nothing worse than a poorly chosen tie. Don’t wear wide ties with skinny lapels. Don’t wear a black tie with a brown suit. Do not wear Hawaiian ties – ever! [http://blog.knotstandard.com/the-irresponsible-tie/] Ties are a gentleman’s calling card and as such should be modest, compelling and finely crafted. Pick up our 100% silk Red and Navy Polka Dot Tie [http://www.knotstandard.com/ties/navy-and-red-polka-dot-tie/ for an elegant piece that works with almost any suit combination.