Words by Lewis Malivanek
The inspiration behind our editorial shoot was retreating from the hustle and bustle of the city, something different, some place off of the beaten track. Cartagena was that place. Steeped in colonial history but somewhat gritty, the vibrance of the architecture and culture on the street was the perfect contrast to our SS16 collection.
The SS16 collection is inspired by earth tones and natural summer fabrics. Green, brown, beige and cream feature heavily in the collection, made with fine merino wools, linens, mohairs and silks. Summer suiting should be light, breathable and, I believe, more casual. Most jackets are completely deconstructed – the way the Neapolitans intended. Bold patterns create a statement against the subtleness of solid trousers. The perfect balance for separates, and looking refined on your own getaway.
The top 5 things you need in your closest this summer:
- A deconstructed navy hopsack blazer: light, cool, and versatile. Nothing else needs to be said!
- A beige linen suit: linen wrinkles, people are turned off by that, but that’s what makes it beautiful. A casual suit is a must in summer for seaside events and casual weddings.
- White cotton chinos: This is what the Italians do best, wear white trousers year round. It looks damn good and its versatile.
- A plain navy or chocolate polo shirt: Casual yet refined at the same time. Perfect when worn with chinos and loafers.
- A white linen shirt: because you just do!
Here’s a sneak peek of our shoot in Cartagena! Click here to book an appointment to view the new spring/summer fabrics!