KS Style Breakdown: Leonardo DiCaprio
With the upcoming premier of his new movie, The Wolf of Wall Street actor Leonardo DiCaprio returns to the spotlight. The award winning actor is known for his slicked back hair, boyish good looks and penchant for playing shady characters. In The Wolf of Wall Street, DiCaprio sports double breasted pinstripe suits with wide lapels and power ties for Wall Street swagger. Off screen, however, DiCaprio prefers a more subdued, dapper look. Here’s five of our favorite DiCaprio style choices.
- Peaked lapels. The 38 year old wears both peaked and notched lapels and the occasional shawl collar. But he seems to favor peak lapels. We love him in a dramatic tux with peaked, silk lapels, white men’s tuxedo shirt and black bow tie.
- Slicked back hair is DiCaprio’s signature hair style. Works with men’s suits, jeans, on set, off set or when grabbing a cup of coffee in the morning and trying to avoid the paparazzi.
- Slightly higher button stance, a small but important tailoring detail that adds a rakish air to a modern cut suit.
- With the exception of the long tie with tux trend currently popular in Hollywood, DiCaprio prefers style over passing fashions. His ties usually agree with his darker navy, pencil stripe or charcoal suits though shiny ties occasionally make an appearance.
- Natural shoulders. The actor prefers modern, slim cut silhouettes and natural shoulders that suit his lean frame. Order Knot Standard’s Classic Gunmetal Grey Suit in slim fit with peaked lapels for your own DiCaprio look.