With winter fast approaching, we’re excited to have the opportunity to wear one of our favorite men’s suit fabrics: tweed. The rough woven wool, often patterned in Herringbone, is durable and weather resistant and perfect for the colder winter months. It’s also popular with celebrities and Hollywood actors. Here’s five of our favorite celebrity tweed looks:
- David Beckham looks commanding in a large brown checked tweed coat with flap pockets, notch lapels and slim fitting silhouette. Beckham adds a dash of drama with a warm, tightly wrapped raw umber scarf.
- King of Cool actor Johnny Depp referenced military style in a retro brown tweed double breasted tweed coat paired with printed gypsy scarf.
- Sean Connery as 007 looks as dashing as ever in an elegant tweed jacket with slanted flap pockets paired with white men’s dress shirt and French cuffs.
- Fashion icon Kanye West adopts geek cool with a grey checked tweed jacket, white men’s dress shirt with pointed collars and worn tieless and red heart lapel pin.
- Rocker Rod Stewart stays true to his ostentatious fashion sense with a brown checked three piece tweed suit with six button waist coat paired with flamboyant rainbow checked scarf.
Design your own tweed suit with Knot Standard – choose double breasted, three piece or create a design of your own imagination. Speak with a bespoke advisor to learn more about Knot Standard’s tweed fabrics and patterns and how to create your own tweed suit or coat today.