The weekend is almost here and a short trip out of town is just what you need to relax and revive. Whether it’s a weekend at the beach, a bed and breakfast in the mountains or a golfing holiday, there are a few essentials you’ll need to look fresh from Friday night till Sunday afternoon. Here’s a quick packing list for a weekend of fun.
- Pack a blazer or sport coat. The Summer Baltic Blue Blazer works well with jeans, chinos or trousers and can be worn for day or evening. Blazers provide enough formality for a quality restaurant and a date night but are also laid back enough for a casual holiday.
- Always travel with at least one men’s dress shirt. Choose classic white oxford or light blue. You can then choose T-shirt, polo or golf shirts depending on your destination and mix and match through the weekend.
- Shoes should be determined by your planned activities but at least one clean, classic pair to match the trousers/jeans/chinos you plan to wear if you want to go to a nice restaurant.
- Never leave home without sunglasses. Whether you’re heading to the beach or the links.
- Accessories and necessities. The half dozen or so toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream and razor, shampoo, deodorant) and accessories ( pocket square, cuff links and watch).
Focus on the three days, two nights and have fun.